We have been busy making plans to depart Perth and travel South America backpacking for a year. This is our last weekend in Perth and we have spent some time with friends. Over the last 2 months we have been planning and preparing to travel, and even though we don’t have a much of an itinerary once we depart Sydney we have hit a number of important milestones along the way…
1. Renting out our apartment. This was a huge effort but we were able to vacate the apartment, and have a tenant paying rent in less than a week.
2. Selling the old Patrol. Had lots of good times in this car. I hope it has a good new home.
3. Getting injections. We have spent over $1000 on vaccinations: Hep A, B, Rabies, Cholera, Tetanus, Yellow Fever, Diphtheria etc.
4. Saying good bye. Thanks to everyone that came down to the Rosemount last night! I had a great night and it was great to see everyone!
Next Friday we will leave Perth, driving Chantelle’s car with our swag and backpacks, we plan to stop off at Hyden for Wave Rock music festival then make our way to Esperance. We are contemplating driving the Balladonia track then we’ll head across the Nullarbor to South Australia and make our way to Naracoorte.
The plan: (or lack there of!)
- Study Spanish in Buenos Aries.
- Hit Carnival in Rio, 18th – 21st Feb
- Inca trail
- Galapagos islands
- Amazon basin